Alabama and its national championship hopes may be Cruisin’ for a Croomin’.
The Tide plays Croom’s Mississippi State Bulldogs at night on November 15th. Although the month’s moon rears its full face two nights before the game (on the 13th), the light in the sky will be bright as ever and close to full at kickoff of the 6:45 p.m. ESPN battle. Below are the relevant stats for the Sly Reaper*:
– Croom boasts nine SEC wins in almost five seasons
– He has beaten three SEC teams twice: Ole Miss, Kentucky, and (GASP!) Alabama.
– He has also knocked off Vandy, Auburn, and Florida at least once.
– Record on the Road: 6-17
– Record on the Road vs. SEC Opponents: 3-14
(beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa in 2006, Auburn in Auburn in 2007, and Kentucky in Lexington in 2007)
– Record vs. SEC Opponents Overall: 9-27
– Record vs. Alabama: 2-2
– Record vs. Alabama in Bryant-Denny Stadium: 1-1
– Record vs. Nick Saban: 1-1
(Lost to Saban’s LSU, 51-0, in Baton Rouge in 2004 and beat Saban’s Alabama, 17-12, in Starkville in 2007)
*All credit for the Sly Reaper’s name and appearance must be given to Crimson Daddy and the other fine folks at 3rd Saturday in Blogtober.